/ Tax Incentive Programs
/ CEZA Cagayan Economic Zone Authority
Triple i can help to assist you in registering a CEZA business. Our knowledge of the application process will greatly reduce your processing time so you can focus on your business.
The CEZA was created (under the Cagayan Economic Zone Act of 1995) to supervise and manage the development of the Cagayan Special Economic Zone and Freeport which is a Philippines Tax Incentive Zone. CEZA's mission is to turn Cagayan into a self-sustaining industrial, commercial, financial, and tourism/recreational center and Freeport with suitable retirement/ residential areas.
CEZA's main goal is creating employment opportunities in and around the Cagayan Freeport, and to effectively encourage and attract productive local and foreign investments. Offering special CEZA Gaming license, the only special internet gaming license accredited by a government in Asia.
Contact Us for more information and to register your business in Cagayan Economic Zone.
(a) Must infuse capital within Cagayan Freeport, either in the form of a lease agreement, joint venture or Build-Operate-Transfer arrangements, or other methods of investment;
(b) Enterprise shall be a business enterprise organized in the Philippines;
(c) A representative or agent who is a legal resident of the Philippines;
(d) If affiliated with an existing enterprise in the Philippines outside the Cagayan Freeport, the enterprise must establish a separate business organization to conduct business exclusively within the freeport which shall be a separate taxable entity;
(e) CEZA may allow the non-establishment of a separate business entity subject to such terms and conditions as prescribed.
- Four to six-year income tax holiday for qualifying industries (four years for non-pioneer firms & six years for pioneers)
- Tax and duty free importation of articles, raw materials, capital goods, and equipment & consumer items. A special tax rate of 5% of gross income in lieu of all local and national taxes;
- Permanent resident status for foreign investors and their immediate family, provided that the investor maintains a capital investment not less than One Hundred Fifty Thousand US Dollars (US$150,000.00) All applicable incentives under Omnibus Investment Code of 1987, such as:
- Foreign nationals employed by the enterprise shall be issued a multiple entry visa, valid for a period of three years
- Tax treatment of merchandise in the Zone Tax and duty-free importation of articles, raw materials, capital goods
- Tax credits
- i Completed Application Form
- ii Project Feasibility Study
- iii Notarized copies of SEC registration articles of incorporation and by-laws/partnership agreement.
- iv Name and address of legal agent if not a corporation or the business organization established in the Philippines.
- v Proof of inward remittance and/or investment or other proof of financial capacity acceptable to CEZA.
- vii Evidence of intended physical location of enterprise within the Cagayan Special Economic Zone and Freeport (CSEZFP)(i.e., Certificate of Title, etc)
- viii List of assets and other properties comprising the investment to be made.
- ix Application Forms for Work Permits for any expatriate personnel.
- x List of references that may be contacted to verify the information included in the application, including a commercial bank and/ or financial institutions and independent auditor
- xi Certificate under oath that the CSEZFP Enterprise applicant will comply with the Master-plan as maybe adopted and amended from time to time.
- i Submission of completed application form to OSAC
- ii OSAC checks completeness of documents
- iii Upon completion of submitted documents, OSAC issues receipt of complete documents
- iv Validation of submitted documents
- v OSAC Review and Recommendation to Administrator and Chief Executive Officer
- vi Administrator and CEO’ approval or denial of application.
- vii If approved, OSAC issues Provisional Certificate of Registration valid for 30-90 days.
- viii Upon completion of other documents that may be required, CEZA issues the CSEZFP Enterprise Certificate of Registration