Foreign nationals who are holder of specified visas will be allowed to enter Philippines starting November 1, 2020. Last October 22, the Inter Agency Task Force Resolution (IATF) No. 80 included the lifted restriction for inbound travelers of foreign nationals who has:
- Bureau of Immigration issued visas pursuant to E.O. 226 or the Omnibus Investments Code, as amended, and Republic Act 8756;
- 47(a)(2) visas issued by Department of Justice; and
- Visas issued by Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Freeport Authority and Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority
Prior to Philippine entry, foreign travelers must secure valid and existing visa, pre-booked accredited quarantine facility, must be subjected to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry, and must adhere to applicable immigration laws, rules, and regulations.
OFWs, students enrolled abroad and participants accepted in exchange visitor programs, permanent resident of foreign jurisdictions, and foreign nationals are allowed to leave for abroad through any of the airports or seaports of the Philippines.
On the other hand, IATF lifted the pre-boarding testing requirement for Filipinos who will travel abroad, an amendment from IATF Resolution No. 79 which asked for a negative Antigen test result taken within 24 hours before departure.
Non-essential outbound travel of Filipinos is now allowed provided that:
- A roundtrip ticket is booked for short trips with an adequate travel and health insurance coverage in case of travel disruptions and Covid-19 infection during the period of stay abroad;
- Execution of a Bureau of Immigration Declaration acknowledging the risks involved in travelling, including risk of delay in their return trip, to be provided at the check-in counters by the airlines;
- A negative Covid-19 test taken conforming to the health and safety protocols of the destination country or airline in case required by the country of destination or the airline; and
- Upon returning to the Philippines, the Guidelines of the National Task Force (NTF) for Returning Overseas Filipinos must be followed.
To know more about how Triple i can assist foreigners to process work visas or come back to the country during this pandemic period, drop us an email at email@example.com or call us at +63 2 8 55 19012.