Business & Mayor’s Permits
Business Permit/License from Local Government Units LGU is required for every business wishing to operate in the Philippines. Depending on the principal location of the business is where you will need to register for your business permit and Mayor’s permit. The permit should then be placed in your principle place of business on display for verification by anyone. There are also additional permits and clearances needed from the city hall for real estate business, IT businesses, retail sales, and others.
The Business Permit can only be obtained after the company has been registered with the SEC, and you have a certificate of registration. It is important to have as its a prerequisite for tax registration and and work visas that you may apply for your foreign staff.
Triple i Consulting can help to drastically reduce your business permit registration time. Contact Us for more information and to process your business permit application.
Every city, municipality, and LGU has a slightly different procedure in their city hall. A typical LGU like Makati City would need the following.
- Locational Clearance performed by LGU city hall
Requires the intended business location be inspected by engineering dept,and maintenance dept for any potential hazards from occupying the location.
- Contract of Lease between the Lessor and the Lessee.
- If Leased, attach Mayor’s Permit registration of the building owner/landlord as a Real Estate Lessor.
- If owned, transfer Certificate of Title (TCT) or Tax Declaration (xerox copy).
- Business Name Registration with the Department of Trade and Industry DTI
- Article of Incorporation/Partnership approved by Securities and Exchange Commission SEC
- Barangay Clearance.
- Public Liability Insurance.
- Acceptance of Application Form and other requirements at city hall.
- Evaluation and assessment of taxes, fees and charges and recommend approval.
- Evaluation of annual inspection fees for building / electrical / plumbing / mechanical, etc.(Engineering Department). Not Necessary if Valid Occupancy Permit for Business Address can be presented.
- Proceed to Administrator’s office for approval.
- Releasing assessed permit / license application approved with index card.
- Receive payments and issue Official Receipts (License and Treasury)
- Issuance of Health / Sanitation Certificate (Health Department)
- Issuance of Mayor’s Permit and approved permits / licenses released to the applicant