Alien Employment Permit in the Philippines

An Alien Employment Permit (AEP) is a document issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) authorizing a foreign national to work in the Philippines. Below are the requirements to get an AEP.
+63 (02) 8540-9623
outsource bookeeping in philippines certificate logo

An Alien Employment Permit (AEP) is a document issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) authorizing a foreign national to work in the Philippines. The AEP is a pre-requisite for several Philippine work and employment visas.

Triple i Consulting now provides a pre-approved processing service for Alien Employment Permits (AEP). We can assist you in obtaining your own AEP in your country before arrival in the Philippines.

You may read more about our pre-approved visa processing services here, or contact us directly here to start this process now.

Foreign Nationals Required to Apply for an AEP:

Foreign Nationals Exempted From Securing an AEP:

  • Resident Foreign Nationals employed or seeking employment in the Philippines (DO 41-03);
  • Members of the diplomatic services and foreign government officials accredited by the Philippine government;
  • Officers and staff of international organizations of which the Philippine government is a cooperating member, and their legitimate spouses desiring to work in the Philippines;
  • Foreign nationals elected as members of the Governing Board who do not occupy any other position, but have only voting rights in the corporation;
  • All foreign nationals granted exemption by special laws and all other laws that may be promulgated by the Congress;
  • Foreign nationals who come to the Philippines to teach, present and/or conduct research studies in universities and colleges as visiting, exchange or adjunct professors under formal agreements between universities or colleges in the Philippines and foreign universities or colleges; or between the Philippine government and foreign government; provided that the exemption is on a reciprocal basis; and
  • Owners and representatives of foreign principals, whose companies are accredited by the Philippine Overseas Administration (POEA), who come to the Philippines for a limited period solely for the purpose of interviewing Filipino applicants for employment abroad.

AEP Requirements:

  • Duly notarized application form;
  • Letter of request sent to DOLE;
  • Secretary’s Certificate electing foreign national to position (for non-resident foreign nationals with elective positions);
  • Authenticated passport with current visa;
  • Photocopy of Mayor’s Permit; and
  • Photocopy of Business Permit.

Procedure to Get an AEP:

  • Submit filled-out AEP application form together with all required documents to the DOLE Regional Office at the intended place of work of the foreign national;
  • In case of foreign nationals to be assigned in subsidiaries, branch offices, joint ventures, and those assigned in the headquarters with oversight functions in any operations or projects in the country, may file their application in any DOLE Office;
  • Pay the corresponding fees; and
  • Claim the AEP card at the DOLE Regional Office, or lodge an appeal addressed to the Secretary of DOLE if application was denied.

Alternatively, instead of doing these tedious tasks yourself, you can Contact Us Here, fill out the form below, call us at +63 (02) 8540-9623, or email us at to book an initial consultation with one of our alien employment permit experts.

Contact Us For Assistance

First Name (required)

Last Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Phone (Enter Your Phone Number if You'd Like Us to Call You)

Your Message