Government Licensing Bodies in the Philippines

legal work

After company registration, a business may require specific licenses to legally operate. The Philippines’ heavy bureaucratic application system can be a long and strenuous process if not processed correctly. Certain government offices are extremely complicated and not advised to interact with without the aid of a consultant or guide.

Food and Drug Administration of the Philippines (FDA)

The FDA conducts inspections and issues licenses for the operation of establishments involved in the manufacture, packaging, re-packaging, importation, exportation, distribution, and retailing of: processed foods, drugs, medical devices, and in vitro diagnostic reagents, cosmetics, and household hazardous substances. Establishments involved in the aforementioned industries in the Philippines must secure a License to Operate from this government agency.

Bureau of Customs (BOC)

Under the auspices of the Department of Finance (DOF), the BOC is mandated to implement revenue collection, prevent and suppress smuggling and entry of prohibited imported goods, supervise and control the entrance and clearance of vessels and air-crafts engaged in foreign commerce, and the enforcement of all laws, rules and regulations related to tariff and customs administration. Any entity wishing to import or export any goods must get clearance from BOC.

Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)

The BIR assesses and collects all national internal revenue taxes, fees and charges, and enforce all forfeitures, penalties and fines connected therewith, including the execution of judgments in all cases decided by courts. All entities and self-employed individuals must apply for a tax identification number (TIN) and are responsible to pay personal or corporate tax.

Philippine National Police (PNP), Firearms and Explosive Division (FED), and Security Management Division (SMD)

The FED is the governing body of the PNP that is responsible for all fire arms licenses. Any business operating in the manufacturing of fire arms, ammunition, and explosives must register and receive a license from FED. Operation of a gun club must also secure a license to operate. Any entity wishing to conduct itself in security matters must also register with the SMD.

Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)

The DENR assumes responsibility for the assessment, development, protection, licensing, and regulation of all natural resources, as well as the regulation and monitoring of service contractors, licensees, lessees, and permit holders for the extraction, exploration, development, and utilization of natural resource products. DENR is the issuing body of the Environment Compliance Certificate (ECC), and any group wishing to participate in mining, forestry, agricultural development must obtain applicable licenses from DENR. Some construction development projects must also apply and receive environmental clearance certificate to operate, depending on the area.

Whether BIR, BOC, FED, or any licensing procedure Triple i knows how to file and receive your license in a timely and cost effective manner. Triple i Consulting can help communicate with to government agencies when applying for licenses.