This covers the manufacture of technical aids and appliances for the use and/or rehabilitation of persons with disability, and the establishment of special schools, day care centers, homes, residential communities or retirement villages solely to suit the needs and requirements of persons with disability.
Manufacturing of technical aids and appliances used by persons with disability includes but is not limited to the following:
• Walk-in baths designed for persons with disabilities;
• Commode chairs;
• Braille books;
• Hoists and lifting chairs designed for incapacitated people, including stair lifts;
• Wheelchairs, scooters and automobiles using special controls or assistive technology designed for persons with disabilities;
• Artificial limbs, orthotics, prosthetics and orthopedic braces; or
• Automatic/mechanical lifts to be attached to motor vehicle.
Application for registration must be accompanied by an endorsement from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
http://oshdp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2013-IPP-General-Policies-and-Specific-Guidelines.pdf (accessed June 18, 2014).