Special Investor’s Resident Visa
The Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV) is issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) upon endorsement of the Board of Investments (BOI), and entitles the holder to reside indefinitely in the Philippines. This visa permits multiple entry privileges, so long as the investments subsist in the country.
The SIRV program requires investors to remit at least US$75,000 into the Philippines and invest the capital in various economic activities. The SIRV holder can also bring with him, without additional deposit, his spouse and any unmarried children below 21 years old. If dependents are joining the applicant, originals or duly authenticated certified copies of their Marriage and Birth Certificates or Household Registers shall be presented.
The following are the allowed forms of investment for securing the SIRV. Investor must install capital to:
• Publicly-listed corporations;
• Companies engaged in areas listed in the Investment Priorities Plan (IPP); or
• Companies engaged in the manufacturing and service sectors.
• Filled-out and duly notarized application form;
• National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance indicating that the applicant has not been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude;
• Clearance from the National Intelligence Coordination Agency (NICA); and
• Certification of remittance of required investment to authorized Philippine depository bank and placed in at least 30 day time deposit.
If Filed with a Philippine Embassy
• Submit application form and other documentary requirements to local Philippine Embassy;
• BOI evaluates the application after endorsement by the Embassy;
• Re-endorsement to the Philippine Embassy via the DFA consular office for issuance of probationary, multiple entry visa valid for 6 months; and
• Upon arrival to the Philippines, probationary visa can be turned into SIRV, once proof of inward remittance has been invested.
If Filed with BOI
• Submit application form and other documentary requirements including the original passport to BOI;
• BOI endorses application to BI upon completed documentation, for issuance of provisional, multiple entry visa valid for 6 months; and
• Amendment of visa (from provisional to indefinite) shall be made upon submission of proof that the inward remittance has been actually invested.