Tax BlogBIR Registration of Computerized Accounting System

August 23, 2012

Are you contemplating the use of a computerized accounting system (CAS) instead of manual books of accounts?  Several accounting systems are now in the market to help you record your business transactions and reports more accurately and efficiently. These include SAP, Oracle, Peachtree, Quickbooks and others. However, a taxpayer may not use a CAS without registration with the BIR.

The following are the documentary requirements in the Application for Authority to Adopt Computerized Accounting System or Components Thereof:

A. Initial Application to Adopt CAS And Or Components Thereof

Accomplished BIR Form 1900 (Application for Authority to Adopt Computerized Accounting System (CAS) and/or Components Thereof/Loose-leaf Books of Accounts, 2002 Enhanced version) and/or BIR Form 1907 (Application for Permit to Use Cash Register Machine/Point of Sale Machine, 2002 Enhanced Version)

Company Profile:

Photocopy of BIR Certificate of Registration

Photocopy of Previously Issued Permit, if applicable

Photocopy of Current Registration Fee Payment

Location map of the place of business

Inventory of previously approved unused Invoices and receipts, if applicable

List of branches that will use CAS, if any

Technical Requirements:

Application Name and Software Used (Development & Database)

Functions and Features of the application

System Flow/s

Process Flow

Back-up Procedure, Disaster and Recovery Plan

Sworn Statement and Proof of System Ownership

List of Reports and Correspondences that can be generated from the system with their description, purpose and sample layout

Facsimile of System Generated Loose-leaf Books of Accounts and List thereof/Receipts/Invoices

Additional requirements in case of affiliated companies/sister companies, franchisees and branches:

Photocopy of previously issued permit for mother/sister company or another branch using the same system, if applicable

Certification from the Computerized System Evaluation Team (CSET), which previously evaluated the approve system

If you need assistance in registering your CAS, Triple i Consulting can help you in this specific area.

Contact us

You can submit to the contact form above or just drop us a message using the email below

First Name (required)

Last Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Phone (Enter Your Phone Number if You'd Like Us to Call You)

Your Message