The BIR, in Revenue Regulations No. 18-2012, is requiring taxpayers to secure new ATP and print new invoice/receipt and all commercial documents being issued to customers as the existing documents are valid only up to June 30, 2013
Relative to said regulations prescribing the new rules in processing of Authority to Print (ATP) of Official Receipts, Sales Invoices and Other Commercial Invoices, the following must be noted:
- All applications must be done through on-line ATP systems.
- Not just principal receipts/invoices such as VAT SI/VAT OR/Non-VAT SI/Non-VAT OR are required to be registered before printing but also supplementary receipts/invoices such as delivery receipt, order slip, debit/credit memo, purchase order, provisional/temporary receipt, acknowledgement receipt, collection receipt, cash receipt, bill of lading, billing statement, statement of account, any other documents being used in the business and issued to customer.
- Approved ATP is valid upon full usage of the serial numbers or five (5) years from issuance, whichever comes first.
- All existing unused/unissued receipts/invoices shall be valid until June 30, 2013.
- Application for new ATP shall be 60 days prior to actual expiry.
The BIR, in issuing the above new regulations, aims to regulate further the printing of all invoices, set validity period, and generate reports relative to the ATP.
If you need assistance in securing ATP through web-based or online ATP or any other accounting or tax related matters, kindly contact Triple i Consulting.