Makati City, Philippines, is a great place to start a business. It is a major financial and commercial center in the Philippines, with a thriving economy and a large pool of skilled workers. The city is also home to several government agencies and business organizations that can support entrepreneurs.
Here are some of the reasons why Makati City is an excellent place to start a business:
- A large pool of skilled workers: Makati City has a large pool of skilled workers, many of whom have been trained in English. This makes it easy for businesses to find the talent they need to succeed.
- Modern infrastructure: Makati City has a modern infrastructure, including world-class transportation, communication, and power systems. This makes it easy for businesses to operate and grow.
- Convenient location: Makati City is located in the heart of the Philippines, making it easy to reach customers and suppliers throughout the country.
- Pro-business government: The Makati City government is committed to promoting business growth. The city offers a number of incentives to businesses, including tax breaks, low-cost office space, and access to capital.
If you are considering starting a business in the Philippines, Makati City is a great place.
Here are some additional tips for starting a business in Makati City:
- Do your research: Before starting your business, it is vital to research and understand the local market. This includes understanding the competition, the target market, and the regulatory environment.
- Network with other entrepreneurs: Networking with other entrepreneurs is a great way to learn about the business landscape in Makati City and get advice and support. Several organizations can help you connect with other entrepreneurs, such as the Makati Business Club and the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Get involved in the community: Getting involved in the community is a great way to build relationships and promote your business. There are many ways to get involved in the community, such as volunteering, sponsoring events, and donating to charities.
- Be patient and persistent: Starting a business takes time and effort. It is essential to be patient and persistent and to never give up on your dreams.
To register a domestic corporation in Makati City, Philippines, you must follow these steps:
- Choose a business name. Your business name must be unique and cannot be the same as any other business name registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). You can check the availability of a business name through the SEC’s online system.
- Prepare the necessary documents. The following documents are required to register a domestic corporation:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Treasurer’s Affidavit
- Bank Certificate showing the paid-up capital
- Registration Data Sheet
- Endorsements / Clearances from other government agencies (if applicable)
- File the documents with the SEC. You can file the documents with the SEC’s Makati City office and pay the SEC filing fee.
- Pay the registration fees for the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws and the Treasurer’sTreasurer’s Affidavit and Bank Certificate.
- Obtain a Certificate of Registration. Once the SEC approves your application, you will be issued a Certificate of Registration. This document proves that your corporation is legally registered in the Philippines.
- Get a business permit (mayor’smayor’s permit) from the Makati City government. To operate your business in Makati City, you must obtain a business permit from the city government. The application process for a business permit varies depending on the nature of your business.
Once you have obtained a Certificate of Registration and a business permit, you are now ready to start operating your business in Makati City.
Here are some additional tips for registering a domestic corporation in Makati City:
- You can hire a lawyer to help you with the registration process. This can be helpful if you are unfamiliar with the requirements or need assistance filing the documents.
- You can also register your corporation online through the SEC’sSEC’s website. This option is faster and more convenient, but it is important to note that you will still need to pay the filing fees in person at the SEC office.
- It is important to keep your corporate records up-to-date. This includes maintaining a copy of your Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and minutes of meetings. You should also keep track of all changes to your corporation, such as changes in ownership or address.
- You are required to file annual reports with the SEC. The annual report deadline is April 30th of each year.
Help is Available!
In addition to obtaining licenses, businesses established in the Philippines also need to attend to other aspects of running a business, such as:
- Corporate housekeeping: This includes tasks such as maintaining corporate records, updating shareholder information, and filing annual reports.
- Drafting of company manual and labor contracts: This involves creating documents that outline the company’s policies and procedures, as well as the terms of employment for its employees.
- Fiduciary services: These services can help businesses manage their finances and investments, as well as provide advice on legal and regulatory matters.
- ISO Consulting and Certification: This can help businesses improve their quality management systems and become certified to ISO standards.
- Intellectual property registration: This protects businesses’ intellectual property, such as trademarks, patents, and copyrights.
- Regulatory compliance auditing: This ensures that businesses are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recruitment and executive search services: These services can help businesses find the right employees for their open positions.
- Corporate tax incentives: The government offers a variety of tax incentives to businesses that invest in the Philippines.
- On-going corporate compliance and legal services: These services can help businesses stay up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations, and ensure that they are in compliance with them.
- Accounting, bookkeeping, financial reports, and regular tax filing services: These services can help businesses keep track of their finances and ensure that they are filing their taxes correctly.
- Payroll outsourcing services: These services can help businesses handle the administration of their payroll, including tax withholding and employee benefits.
Triple i Consulting is a leading business registration and corporate services provider in the Philippines. We can help you with all of your business registration needs, including:
- Choosing the right business structure
- Filing the necessary paperwork
- Obtaining the required licenses and permits
- Setting up your accounting and bookkeeping system
- Managing your payroll
- Providing tax and legal advice
We understand that starting a business can be a daunting task. That’s why we’re here to help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you register your business in the Philippines.
Contact Us Here, or by filling out the form below, call us at +63 (02) 8540-9623, or email us at email@example.com to book an initial consultation with one of our Philippines business registration experts.