9g Work Visa
A Pre-Arranged Employment Visa or commonly referred to as a 9(g) visa. Any foreign national who will be employed in the Philippines and occupying a technical, executive, managerial or a highly confidential position in a company for at least one year, can apply for an employment visa under Sec. 9(g) of the Philippine Immigration Act.
Triple i Consulting has great experience quickly processing work visas. If all requirements are in place total registration time can be in as little as 5 working days for application to implementation.
- Letter of request from the petitioning company.
- Application Form (BI Form MCL-07-01 )accomplished and duly notarized
- Secure Alien Employment Permit (AEP) from the Department of Labor and Employment
- Authenticated copy of the applicant’s passport showing current valid visa
- Clearance Certificate issued by Bureau of Immigration
- Any other documents which will assist in the evaluation process
- If the applicant’s spouse and/or minor unmarried children under twenty-one years of age, accompany him, submission of certified true copies of the Marriage Contract, Birth Certificate(s) (authenticated at Philippines Embassy if issued abroad).
- Authenticated copy of passport, showing valid visa, of the spouse and minor, unmarried children.
- The petitioning company must first establish (by obtaining an AEP from the DOLE), that no individual can be located in the Philippines willing and able to perform the position and service for which the foreigner is being hired.
- Must also submit a letter to the BI stating the admission of the alien will be beneficial to the public interest.
- During the approval process for a Pre-Arranged Employment Visa (9(g) visa), the proposed foreigner may apply for a Special Work Permit (SWP) which is issued for a period of three months while the 9(g) visa is being released.
- 9(g) visas are valid only for the duration of the AEP or the current employment contract (whichever is shorter).9(g) visas issued to dependents are co-terminus with the duration of the visa of the principal.
Foreign nationals with companies registered to Board of Investments BoI, Philippines Economic Zone Authority PEZA, and the Top 1,000 corporations are given priority.