The Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), known as the Pag-IBIG Fund, serves as the government agency overseeing housing programs and benefits for both private and public sector employees. In adherence to Philippine regulations, employers are required to register their employees with Pag-IBIG to extend housing, multi-purpose, and calamity loan privileges.
Registration with Pag-IBIG ensures that your workforce gains access to specific loans and programs supporting housing, property acquisition, and financial necessities. Our comprehensive support encompasses the compilation of necessary requirements and facilitation of HDMF registration, guaranteeing compliance with pertinent government bodies in the Philippines.
Significance of HDMF Registration
Republic Act (RA) 9679 mandates employers to enroll their employees with HDMF, alongside the Social Security System (SSS), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), and Government Service Insurance System (GSIS). HDMF acts as a government safety net offering loans for housing and emergency needs, ensuring that your contributions remain accessible for withdrawal after a specified duration.
Membership with Pag-IBIG permits individuals to apply for loans for residential properties within defined parameters, as well as short-term loans for livelihood, medical, and educational requirements. Additionally, members have the option to withdraw their savings after twenty years of membership or upon completing 240 contributions.
Benefits of HDMF Membership
Apart from housing programs, Pag-IBIG extends various loans to its members:
- Home Financing: Enabling members to acquire or construct residential properties repayable within 30 years, subject to approval based on income.
- Savings: Pag-IBIG ensures tax-exempted annual dividends and allows members to refund their Total Accumulated Value (TAV) at the end of their contribution period without imposing annual fees.
- Calamity Loan: Members residing in calamity-affected areas can loan 80% of their TAV at 5.95% interest per annum.
- Multi-purpose Loan (MPL): Short-term loans usable for travel, small business funding, bill payments, or home renovation.
Eligibility for loans requires adherence to specific criteria:
- Active membership for 24 months
- Age not exceeding 65 years
- Legal capacity for property acquisition
- No foreclosed housing loans
- Updated payments for existing loans or housing accounts
Prior to the Pag-IBIG application, ensure the preparation of the following documents:
- Completed Employer’s Data Form
- Specimen Signature Form
- SSS certification (if registered)
- Business or Mayor’s permit
Additional documents based on business type:
- Sole Proprietorship: DTI Certificate of Registration
- Partnership/Corporation or Foreign-owned Corporation: SEC Certificate of Partnership or Incorporation, approved Articles of Partnership or Incorporation, By-laws, and Board Resolution on Authorized Signatories
- Cooperative: CDA Certificate, Articles of Cooperation
- Trade Association: SEC Certificate of Incorporation, Articles of Incorporation, and By-laws
Proper documentation serves as a prerequisite for Pag-IBIG membership application.
HDMF Registration Process
Registering your entity with HDMF is necessary. Here’s a step-by-step guide on business registration with HDMF through the Pag-IBIG Electronic Submission of Remittance Schedule (eSRS) platform:
- Proprietor enrollment and screening:
- Visit www.pagibigfund.gov.ph.
- Download and complete the eSRS Employer Enrollment Form (Authorized user must be a Pag-IBIG member with MID Number).
- Submit the form to the Pag-IBIG Fund branch managing the employer’s account.
- Await notification of enrollment status via email from Pag-IBIG.
- Payment File Preparation:
- Access Virtual Pag-IBIG for Employers and select “Electronic Submission of Remittance Schedule.”
- Log in and manage employees, ensuring an updated employee list.
- Create Payment Instruction and print the Payment Instruction Form (PIF).
- Choose from Pag-IBIG Fund’s accredited collecting partners.
- Present the printed PIF and settle the corresponding amount.
- Collect the validated Payment Slip or PIF as proof of payment.
As an employer, timely registration and contribution payments are crucial for compliance with corporate laws. Employ Pag-IBIG’s online system for a streamlined approach towards membership and employee registration.
Ensure Full Compliance by Registering Your Business with HDMF
Registering your enterprise with HDMF ensures your employees’ access to property loans for housing needs and calamities. Pag-IBIG also offers loans catering to travel, education, and business requirements, serving as a valuable resource during challenging times. With a team of seasoned business consultants, we are committed to facilitating a seamless and comprehensive registration process with HDMF for your company’s benefit.
For assistance, schedule an initial consultation with one of our experts. Contact us through one of the channels below: