Registering your enterprise with the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) is a crucial step in complying with local regulations and ensuring proper health coverage for your employees. PhilHealth serves as the government agency entrusted with providing health insurance to Filipino citizens, including overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and those in need.
At Triple i Consulting, we specialize in facilitating a streamlined corporate registration process by offering comprehensive support to ensure compliance with relevant government agencies in the Philippines.
Importance of PhilHealth Registration As stipulated in Republic Act (RA) No. 7875, both public and private sector employees must enroll with PhilHealth and remit monthly contributions. This statutory requirement guarantees that companies furnish essential health coverage and benefits to their workforce. Contributions are split, with 50% deducted from an employee’s monthly salary while the remaining 50% is covered by the employer.
PhilHealth extends support for member healthcare needs, including hospitalization and medical assistance for beneficiaries.
PhilHealth Benefits Enrolling with PhilHealth grants employees access to various healthcare benefits, encompassing:
Inpatient Benefits: PhilHealth assists in covering a portion of hospitalization expenses when admitted to a partner hospital.
Outpatient Benefits: Coverage extends to day surgeries, therapies like hemodialysis, radiotherapy, primary care, and associated doctor’s fees, even without hospital admission.
Z Benefits: PhilHealth offers coverage for therapies related to leukemia, prostate cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, among others.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)-Related Benefits: PhilHealth aids in treatments for conditions such as animal bites, HIV-AIDs, and outpatient anti-tuberculosis therapy, aligning with SDGs.
General Requirements for Registration To register with PhilHealth, the following documentation is necessary:
Employer Data Record (ER1 Form) Appropriate business license, based on entity type (e.g., DTI for Single Proprietorship, SEC Registration for partnerships and corporations, etc.)
PhilHealth Membership Registration Form (PMRF) for each employee Registration Process To initiate registration, submit the required documentation at any PhilHealth office, including:
- Employer Data Record (ER1 Form)
- Business License (see below)
- For Single Proprietorships, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) handles licensing.
- Partnerships and corporations require registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Foundations and non-profit organizations also need SEC registration.
- Cooperatives are licensed through the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) registration process.
- Backyard industries and micro-business enterprises obtain licensing through Barangay Certification and/or Mayor’s Permit.
- PMRF for each employee
Process on How an Employer Registers With PhilHealth:
To register your business with PhilHealth, kindly adhere to the following procedural steps and submit the necessary documentation to any PhilHealth office:
- Prepare and Submit Documentation:
- Employer Data Record (ER1 Form)
- Business permit validating your operational status
- PhilHealth Membership Registration Form (PMRF) for each individual employee
- Processing and Document Issuance: Following the submission, PhilHealth will process the documents and subsequently issue the following:
- PhilHealth Employer Number (PEN) along with the certificate of registration
- PhilHealth Identification Number (PIN) and Member Data Record (MDR) for registered employees
- Display of Certificate: Upon receipt of the certificate of registration, it is essential to prominently display it within your office premises, as mandated by PhilHealth regulations.
Ensuring compliance with these registration procedures and prominently displaying the certificate of registration will facilitate your business operations in adherence to PhilHealth guidelines.
Is Assistance Available?
Expediting PhilHealth Registration for Your Business Securing social health insurance for your employees is imperative as mandated by Philippine law. Ensuring compliance by registering both the employer and employees with PhilHealth is essential, guaranteeing access to proper healthcare for every individual.
For a more efficient and expedited registration process, our team at Triple i Consulting is committed to assisting you through this essential procedure. Please contact us through any of the following channels: